|Re: [eigen] How to squeeze in place a vector matrix|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] How to squeeze in place a vector matrix
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:35:40 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=4BsQvEFL8dCMOpholDiWV7/tH8CE0yRyQ45XzyDbsYM=; b=sl40TQduwdbFShBvtk22gNeu6oFxhcyVJbwpgezTzIml0fQaV25eldh28DrWZkgglK 2e/ay3Pyg75jRU64ti6COv+ApV8Yi0wkQCsjy0EyaaPtwHmI/bFnHHtrHaCRRQTgFMW7 tLtQ0i3a/rtvv6QrNrzC8P+5Vrl+egDxLLpCo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=h6qZLF8szT9DTGgXsmC38j3fkK3LRy85s7TJqiG3pLXWSYmcaOj1QSTcFzU6G5w7qs jQmPxVrdtKeJrvUsQX+ctiYikVlOpTLhUJDM8bIbME/Br4meHJtptbbQ+gcfj2pO/Szx 5pG3qag7Bdzgy94TixsU3T3gMqouJ9nTpY4hI=
2010/8/25 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Use conservativeResize().
> IIRC, conservative resize copies. So there is pretty much no reason in
> avoiding the aliasing since you will anyways introduce a temporary -
> if not more, when "punching out" multiple rows/cols.
> I would suggest to write a new function that creates a single target
> temporary and assembles the blocks between the rows/cols you want to
> kick out. It might be a little bit ugly regarding the indexing but is
> probably the most efficient you can do for now.
This is similar to what the Minor expression was doing in eigen2
(still available in EIGEN2_SUPPORT).
But as an expression, it was slow because of the branching (or at
least comparison) needed in every coeff() call.
> - Hauke