Re: [eigen] How to squeeze in place a vector matrix

2010/8/25 Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> I want to squeeze some line and column of matrix in place, in order to
> remove the null space.
>
> How can  I do that?
>
> I have tryied block(i,j,k,l).eval()  but i think it is suboptimal

Ah, I see, trying to avoid aliasing issues.

In fact, in assignments, we are always traversing matrices
left-to-right and top-to-bottom.

So you can remove the eval() if you are a little careful. For example,
this works:

matrix.block(i,j,k,l) = matrix.block(i+1,j,k,l); // squeeze row i

Of course this is relying on undocumented behavior; but I really don't
see why we'd ever change this.

Benoit