|Re: [eigen] triangular solve on the right with transpose|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] triangular solve on the right with transpose
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:44:41 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4QyxGtZ+1rGW6xzjFOu/Io+E4NUJlGnLGUruxGeRTbc=; b=KTWeghiisAALztPtGkZ9ZnSK0tx98ex6ULGshq2O5sDleOa+3Sv5CBBPnz55WpzOuC BJgwx7rhjUGoV+XbHvdPXPPKUvZtqeWg0yTiOe1te9gFOQO0xpnUq/dIQoxuoRAMcnth vUuOxOmfLxAIC79kaGIYxYJvMlICNBob/CuzI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=WsebTDN4gWogGelSxIZI9t6II/Q7VCYBq6UACmNnChrWsCDuzNAdBslAkecOLWzGES DRrFoabKqrzJdHN41Dwsx1yqiffqKeMPreKI4mXu2XDAbN27jWuuSU7tAbwVx35Gj7zN lJPSZHz04VX6Kbo+Q+JQQjqIIfQJBXnKBWwAA=
note that we already have a block Cholesky solver in the devel branch.
To answer your question:
A = L.triangular<Lower>().solve<OnTheRight>(B);
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Manoj Rajagopalan <rmanoj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am writing a block cholesky solver where I have to solve:
> A * L^T = B
> where L is lower triangular and is known, B is dense and known, and A is
> dense and unknown. All are in double-precision.
> What expression would I have to use to solve for A? I could use:
> A = (L.solve(B.transpose()).transpose();
> But is there a more natural expression, closer to the math? I remember there
> was a discussion sometime back on how to express "solve-on-the-right" etc..