|Re: [eigen] any remaining issues blocking beta1, speak up!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] any remaining issues blocking beta1, speak up!
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 09:51:21 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=2kNHTg33KAzXPMHmmNijmAWYOs7kTwkkdefiyZYVSbI=; b=v9LOVH9JoCEcI7IN0vZdv+s9o7XrjPOIeqxTSjbGKp0OGhg6yZYzG87spKrLXeV8y9 yBMf0ecXxru53aST4jMI3naMhTO/r3bvf1tT0P4IqGjRifNDueDx0Fp0TSZ8MAdNzvq+ w6ARCbLSzpzCYtU0NvbWOH2VIxew2c51ICSEY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=q8bL7wIjIyCA6jkqkcj8fpm2SleDE/KhlGhqYd+NDKEkAbbO0zg+UkJTpOuMsQqdKi nNQ/v4dLbkc3GhqWkVbAG1qhAxRi0ZXOEnN9KuQgpjJhfv6vF5avVhc47pTUsy2tC3eu FYx9CHdGzMeJpXBzdjPQ8LymIaR5ubW52x3BQ=
2010/7/3 FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Am 03.07.2010 07:45, schrieb Benoit Jacob:
>> All is in the title. Can we release beta1 this Saturday?
> If the Strites API is considered as a "traditional feature" in the sense of
> your Release schedule for 3.0 then their API should be stable in Beta 1.
> But the status is listed in Todo for 3.0 as "2 - some discussions".
> (I do not insist in any way, just hint :-) )
I just added this to the TODO for 3.0 and also updated "priority 0" as
meaning "for beta 2" instead of "for beta1".
Beta1 will only be, say, 98% API stable. We allow ourselves API
changes in some corners, and that includes the API for mapping strided
Hopefully we can soon make a beta2 that's 100% API stable. The biggest
blocker here is that I still have to do the new SVD, but I will do it
in a branch and let people decide if we want that in 3.0 or rather in
3.1 (or as unsupported in 3.0).