Re: [eigen] any remaining issues blocking beta1, speak up!

2010/7/3 FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx>:
>  Am 03.07.2010 07:45, schrieb Benoit Jacob:
>>
>> All is in the title. Can we release beta1 this Saturday?
>>
>> Benoit
>>

> If the Strites API is considered as a "traditional feature" in the sense of
> your Release schedule for 3.0 then their API should be stable in Beta 1.
> But the status is listed in Todo for 3.0 as "2 - some discussions".
> (I do not insist in any way, just hint :-) )

I just added this to the TODO for 3.0 and also updated "priority 0" as
meaning "for beta 2" instead of "for beta1".

Beta1 will only be, say, 98% API stable. We allow ourselves API
changes in some corners, and that includes the API for mapping strided
data.

Hopefully we can soon make a beta2 that's 100% API stable. The biggest
blocker here is that I still have to do the new SVD, but I will do it
in a branch and let people decide if we want that in 3.0 or rather in
3.1 (or as unsupported in 3.0).

Benoit