Re: [eigen] licensing: watching the MPL update process

Well, I would have 2 things to answer to that:
 - i'm only considering proposing to add the MPL as a third license
option, keeping the existing GPL and LGPL options
 - there are essentially only 2 weak copyleft licenses, the LGPL and
the MPL (not counting some derivatives of them) so one can't really
talk about license proliferation. Certain areas of free licenses are
definitely overcrowded, but weak copyleft rather suffers from a lack
of options. If you don't like the MPL v1's clause about California,
your only weak copyleft option is the LGPL. Not really my idea of
overcrowded! If the MPL v2 were a generally useful, simple, readable,
no-surprises weak copyleft licenses, it would be the first of its
kind. I know I wrote a lengthy FAQ to explain how there's no problem
with the LGPL in the case of Eigen, and I stand by my words, but the
fact that I had to write this page and the fact that I have to say "in
the case of Eigen" are not rejoicing.

Benoit