Re: [eigen] beta1 tagged (NOT RELEASED), first try

2010/7/1 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Basil Fierz <basil.fierz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hauke,
>>
>> I just realized that I didn't run my test with OpenMP support.
>> So packetmath_1 fails on MSVC 2010 x64 build without OpenMP.
>>
>> I looked up the CMakeLists.txt in the top level directory.
>> Does this line work also on MSVC:
>>
>> check_cxx_compiler_flag("-fopenmp" COMPILER_SUPPORT_OPENMP)
>
> No, I committed something this morning which allows to turn on OpenMP
> on MSVC systems. So you have to pull - and probably we should now also
> be updating again to the tip because there are already a few fixes in
> the repository. As long as nobody commits something ugly it should be
> fine. Actually, we should have created a release branch. Then you can
> have people continuing on the devel branch while the release is
> prepared on the branch - maybe we still should do that. AFAIK this is
> the common release procedure (at least for big) releases.

Sure is, and we'll create a 3.0 branch in time. But is that really
needed for the beta? Since the current beta "freeze" is only going to
last 1 or 2 more days, I was thinking it was OK for everyone to
refrain from committing big changes in that short period.

AFAICS that freeze has been well respected so if you want we can
re-tag current tip as 3.0-beta1. I was planning to do that tomorrow,
but feel free. You have to do
  $ hg tag 3.0-beta1
and edit the hgtags file to remove the old tag.