|[eigen] No sse3/4 on AMD Phenom II?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] No sse3/4 on AMD Phenom II?
- From: Manoj Rajagopalan <rmanoj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:44:00 -0400
- Organization: EECS Dept., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
I just bought two machines with AMD Phenom II X4 black processors that are
supposed to be SSE3 and SSE4a capable but 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' shows only sse,
sse2 and ssse3. Also, compiling eigen programs with -msse3 flags (GCC)
results in illegal instruction runtime errors.
Has anyone in this list seen something similar? Is there a way to leverage
the SSE3 capability of these processors? I'm running a fairly new kernel
(with kernel 2.6.32) in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.