|Re: [eigen] vectorization of complex|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] vectorization of complex
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:01:03 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=X3yxmGOEZBDo2Kzx/oQS2NPPinwROD+Wl23Uo0HxcIs=; b=rnZw7qGE7+iawXvDAa99lbKaYhJj3xy5JucYIYRhABGn3ZVBzczWlmmp+ThkPwfiwj aq9Qe7sDjwkIxSfuCTOEUIytOkAho2qlTq7F1WGisLpV5N83cmwVZdanVK8/pMrAr4kp siMYDGzXHSGqtFoEQx5Ka5ZFNGFck8qY3V7ho=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=R3mFcftIc7+uLfmtOHkhPjzZq0ShZ3r2hDhFgZnCU53hUaGnn18PW5cd75LdsxiEdM UispgDTQsIHBCajaOOiqOYtZjMgxuMT0Fp4xirIunqjTbm76ui4KnNRDRpmiurPiYU7q OlWOKdYKCJX9zaHkc6HFutqaDpBaRCfQa7iSY=
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 20.07.2010 11:47, schrieb Gael Guennebaud:
>> [...] but 3 swizzling and one "bitwise or" operation to negate
>> some coefficients. This make it far to be optimal. In particular
>> swizzling is extremely costly. Moreover all these "complex" operations
>> requires many additional registers to store the temporaries. [...]
> In another threat matlab was "blamed" to use separate matrices for real and
> imaginary parts instead of one matrix of complex coeff.
> How do you think, this would compete?
Good point, with such an approach it is straightforward to support
complex-complex and mixing types on top of a real-real matrix product
with good performance I guess....