|Re: [eigen] [patch] LDLt decomposition with rank-deficient matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] [patch] LDLt decomposition with rank-deficient matrices
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:24:46 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=G+Ll6sVAdPqCVHx+Rxg3qFPFmCZwwc+K48+oB/UOjf0=; b=DYcTzHuhMDqQpIvVi9IYgQ/2+7Z/VTX0+ZtuGHQk7kTVl5PRUbUj5ufv2T7JdW/jhp T3yy9rFgtkowMSUK58ChA3Aq6vfnh1kmj1QCiBxIYGlxDM+Iegqjpq9cqCXBrzhC61Gh uYwFXwRJohortKU8mpT+srxfXbBJ/EBzTADbU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=NgoGpUuJmZiIO/UDDtMPoEex8qrrEhD4pDbaMpMCC7jiRqcgo94HfOs9J4HtBGsOP8 8auXeohG2U6G0Jp+Momx8wbuTSXhv36LnBINFV0OCS1P3D4pC69ASMJt01pYON4WM80K S8wtHATxCRAFoWF4QJtxqliHL3l6PlIeDQ23o=
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Ben Goodrich <bgokgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Gael Guennebaud
> <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> hm, on the other hand for other decompositions (e.g., QR) we have
>> separate classes, so maybe it makes sense to have a separate class as
>> well ? (they can possibly share the same implementation)
> It does not make too much difference to me whether there are separate
> classes. Would it be sufficient to just add a flag to the class
> definition, so that the methods could verify whether the decomposition
> used pivoting or not?
yes, it's just a matter of consistency over Eigen's API.
Benoit, do you have an opinion ?