Re: [eigen] Allocation policy of eigen decompositions

Hi Eigen devs,

After a couple of weeks disconnected from the dev branch, and with the date of the Beta1 tag fast approaching, I'd like to ask about the status of a couple of topics that have been discussed in this (and another) thread:

- It was mentioned that decompositions would have a constructor with size parameters. Is this API addition still on?. I just checked the two SVD's on tip and it is not yet the case

- What's the status on computing decompositions in place, and the possibility of making this work on blocks?

- Will optimized matrix products between smallish matrices (size < 50x50) involve heap allocations?. A previous post said that on Linux (which is my case) alloca() is used so no heap (but rather stack) allocations. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks and cheers,

Adolfo

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian, Ph. D.

Robotics engineer
PAL ROBOTICS S.L
http://www.pal-robotics.com
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: Este mensaje y sus documentos adjuntos, pueden contener información privilegiada y/o confidencial que está dirigida exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si usted recibe este mensaje y no es el destinatario indicado, o el empleado encargado de su entrega a dicha persona, por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente y remita el mensaje original a la dirección de correo electrónico indicada. Cualquier copia, uso o distribución no autorizados de esta comunicación queda estrictamente prohibida.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.