|Re: [eigen] Commenting issue #110, disabling operator for matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Commenting issue #110, disabling operator for matrices
- From: Márton Danóczy <marton78@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:01:14 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:received:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=LxiAW2eZlc6Wnys64JDgrV7jvW5iVIBRX5D6ODJbCuo=; b=GnReF8EF81A+C+k51TkU0ZZaFhc5m69xTYhTRtp1VMB8Vk4J8p2YG30rpkXYBX8b1G MZ2tUwU6L5T8ZEitGB5Lq2vDE4z8YI5L3iLF4Iy3Q8HWaL1ZDRW1hh3MDT/GXJ65meR1 cjvznLY1OMRSw9cpc0iVPV+4dE0/zQ7iaqlBU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=XAcUahY7bKgnUyok2Pvur0Iu2utGnMmY03KBMDpUqwPo/UzdN0MdwmbHRjafqt8ys9 HINbQmjaSkNv90UZFFakZ5Otmr6a9epwqKDk3KoRJvi39FkQSt0MkXO9aF88L3za5fEq asr0XhWSq0Q2ZfvoJ8gkyB9bZOBgiaBQib4UI=
> Another argument is that "the user mistakenly believes the matrix to
> be a vector" is a rather uncommon kind of mistake, no?
Well, it happened to me at least, back in the days as a young PhD
student, and it always bothered me that Matlab silently accepts this -
since mathematically it makes no sense. As long as the user knows what
he's doing, it's fine, sure. Still, it's never a bad idea to protect
the user from shooting himself in the foot...