Re: [eigen] Positive Definitenes?

2010/3/4 Gabriel <gabrielvc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for your answers, I will check the approaches to check for
> efficiency. This operation would have to be done several times, and I do
> need to solve a matrix equation K x = b, with K the matrix, and b a known
> vector, and this is done a lot of times.
>
> Is there an error handler implemented? In my code this operation is
> performed hundreds of times and I would need to automatize some sort of
> workaround when the matrix is not positive definite. This would signal an
> error in my code, my matrices have to bee p.d. all the time, so I would
> implement something to forget the systems in which p.d. gets "lost".

It's not all-or-nothing: if you try to feed an indefinite matrix to an
algorithm that requires definite matrices, it typically won't be able
to tell you that the matrix is indefinite, instead in many cases it
will just be very inaccurate without being able to reliably report an
error. So, to answer your question, no such error reporting is made by
Eigen, but that's because it's impossible to implement correctly.

Benoit