Re: [eigen] Polynomial solver, eigenvalues of companion matrix and balancing

Thanks for the hints Rohit.
And to be more precise I should have written that the polynomials were
"almost" not square free, but as they were generated randomly they
were very probably square free.
The cases that failed were due to very similar roots (with a
difference of less than 1.0e-4) which is exactly your point (b).