Re: [eigen] Polynomial solver, eigenvalues of companion matrix and balancing

a) The companion matrix has a very special form, and reducing it to
upper triangular matrix is a better way of finding eigenvalues.
(givens rotations could be useful.)

b) QR is not guaranteed to converge if atleast 2 eigenvalues have the
same complex magnitude.

--
Rohit Garg

http://rpg-314.blogspot.com/