Re: [eigen] [patch] LDLt decomposition with rank-deficient matrices

Hi Benoit,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Both bugs fixed in the development branch.

Thank you for fixing this. I agree that the previous test case is
working now. You might have a look at the stable branch to see if it
has the behavior you want, although it is assuming positive
definiteness anyway. I would check myself except that this backported
fix for the original problem of ldlt() not accepting Maps

https://bitbucket.org/eigen/eigen/changeset/901a65334944/

makes the stable branch not compile. I get these errors compiling that
test case:

In file included from /tmp/eigen/Eigen/Cholesky:36,
                 from test.cc:1:
/tmp/eigen/Eigen/src/Cholesky/LDLT.h: In member function ‘const
Eigen::LDLT<typename Eigen::MatrixBase<Derived>::PlainMatrixType>
Eigen::MatrixBase<Derived>::ldlt() const’:
/tmp/eigen/Eigen/src/Cholesky/LDLT.h:195: error: ‘PlainObject’ was not
declared in this scope
/tmp/eigen/Eigen/src/Cholesky/LDLT.h:195: error: template argument 1 is invalid

This just looks like an #include thing, but I will let someone more
experienced with eigen patch it.

Thanks,
Ben