|Re: [eigen] Re: meeting in February?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: meeting in February?
- From: Aron Ahmadia <aja2111@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:12:48 +0300
- Cc: joel <joel.falcou@xxxxxx>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=xgu8/Z1oLRlLqv8iIOSg2Rt+7A9KUKHLtOc20TmV1m0=; b=HvtQCvcyQNGsdCAXjANHNxbq6LNFGD2fp2wsyu11XDc+jl0++kdcp6kFk0+40cTuQQ zydGxjYPQKTnmvF+Xu8LvKjDnO/3BpRjdL1ptqB7E9LamVFdJwZbMJEtHP3C7PW3Vzb+ 39S4GN5jHGvbKgG5lYqTjOYNPttFIO+okc25g=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=jCjHCeIK98Wczfr7dx+8psPqkYqHsK6CkhvMK/fX/GKfyToahr1xeWBdCGM+xI8BZc EJFKtna04KKuFxKAMj4yQUW4EdIilqBzw4W/yR30GTbJ0TrzxxSZN1v+DIzwolIWjNka CbGU+JDzmiuMMpRPqTDTvuRH4QWkHJznPBu0w=
Hi Conference Attendees/Organizers,
I've received approval from my manager to attend this meeting, I am
still looking into the details of the visit. I'm interested in
learning more about Eigen and how the techniques that have been used
in writing this code could be extended into existing high performance
scientific codes as well as how Eigen itself could be used to improve
the capabilities of existing codes.
I'm happy to talk a little about the OpenMP and MPI parallel
programming paradigms if that would be of interest to the group. I'm
a little less fluent with OpenCl, Intel TBB, and pthreads, but I could
mention them as well.
I could also prepare a presentation on the potential scientific
computing applications I've identified that may benefit from the use
of Eigen, both in existing libraries/codes and as a potential tool for
Of course, the main reason I'm interested in coming might be to sit
down with Benoit until we can figure out how to get the IBM compilers
working with Eigen :)
My dates are fairly flexible in the time frame that has been
suggested. I also don't want to force myself into the schedule if
things are already fairly fixed (it is kind of hard to tell at this
level of planning how flexible things are on your end).
Assistant Research Scientist
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just updated the wiki:
> First of all, everybody, notice that we now have large meeting rooms
> everyday, so don't refrain from coming if something interests you,
> e.g. the C++ session on Friday morning...!
> I have a few questions, please edit the wiki with your answers:
> - Thomas, what's the name of the company of which we'll use the premises?
> - Hauke, OK to give the Eigen 10 minutes presentation? I can review a
> draft if you like. I don't want to force you or to give you more work
> to do, though.
> - Mathieu and Maxime, it now looks like the day that would work best
> to discuss Lie stuff, would be Sunday. Do you plan to come?
> 2010/1/23 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> We can go whenever we want until as late as we want. Even 6am-11pm if needed :-)
>> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> On Saturday 23 January 2010 06:07:19 Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>> Thomas, what are the hours at which we may uses these offices?
>>> I'd also like to know until what time on Sunday people will be able to stay?
>>> Just need to know that and then I can propose a tentative schedule...