Re: [eigen] New Licensing FAQ

Hi all,

Willow Garage (www.willowgarage.com) is one of these "companies" using Eigen (though we're more like a robotics incubator/lab at the moment as we're in a lucky situation of not having to generate revenue due to our founders/sponsors) as part of our ROS (Robotic Operating System) project (www.ros.org), which is completely open source, released under a BSD license.

We've already exposed our Eigen dependency at http://www.ros.org/wiki/eigen, and approximately 39 packages in our repository use it already (as of today).

I went through the new FAQ and I found it readable and quite informative. Obviously, we at Willow would love to have all our software dependencies having BSD licenses, but since the world is not perfect we can live with LGPL too :). At least for now. :)

Cheers,
Radu.

Rohit Garg wrote:
Seems good enough.

It'd be interesting to know which commercial companies/products are
using eigen, if it is possible to list them on the wiki.