Re: [eigen] Re: meeting in February?

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Keep Dodji and Joel in CC please.
>
> OK so let's now organize the schedule inside of the 3 days.
>
> The first thing that I need to know is when you plan to arrive and
> when you leave, everybody? For now, I assume that everybody's here on
> Friday morning, OK? Who will still be here on Sunday afternoon?

I just looked into flights. There is one for 100€ back and forth. For
me that would mean arriving on Thursday, 18th at 18:25 CDG and leaving
on Monday, 22nd 11:10 from CDG. I could also switch to leaving Sunday
night in case we are done early with our program but I think we might
have a little goodbye meeting after the day.

> I exchanged e-mails with Dodji (G++ developer) and Joel (NT2
> developer, another c++ library) in order to organize a roughly 2-3
> hour session on G++ and general c++ stuff. The main idea is to learn
> as much as possible about G++, but not only:
>  - 10 minute blitz talk on Eigen by ...who's volunteering?

I could probably do that. At least a little I can talk about. Do you
have any particular topics in mind?

> Dodji and Joel can only come on Friday, so the question is: Friday
> morning or Friday afternoon? I am unsure about that but I was
> thinking: why not friday morning, as 3 hours is exactly the duration
> of a morning (ISO norm on mornings), say 9h-12h, and then we can have
> lunch together. OK? Then we have the afternoon for Eigen-specific
> stuff.

I just want to note that even though we are all really motivated and
stuff I think we need breaks. So in case Dodji and Joel are going to
fill the three hours, a morning session might be too optimistic.

- Hauke