Re: [eigen] FFT update

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Mark Borgerding <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Glad to hear it. Thanks.
> One slight change that will be pushed soon is that the destination argument
> for fwd, inv functions is now a pointer.  Benoit suggested this and I think
> it helps make it more obvious which is which.

Oh, and I thought we were done with this discussion. :)

>> First, you might want to consider taking DenseBase<Derived> as your
>> input parameter(s) as opposed to MatrixBase<Derived>. This allows us
>> to use the FFT module out of the box with the Array class.
>>

> I will look into this.  I need to familiarize myself more with the Matrix
> inheritence tree anyway.  I feel a bit "Dense" :)

This should be just a 'search and replace' operation but take your time.

>> Second, it would be a nice addition when we could adapt the
>> ReturnByValue class and thus making inv(...) and fwd(...) returning
>> their results.
>
> I think this would be a great addition.  I don't think this would be
> confusing:
> stdVecDst = fft.fwd( stdVecSrc );      <=>       fft.fwd( &stdVecDst,
> stdVecSrc );
> eigMatDst = fft.fwd( eigMatSrc);       <=>       fft.fwd(&eigMatSrc,
> eigMatDst );

This is what I meant when I said it won't be possible with the
overloads. For std::vector we cannot use the ReturnByValue. The class
is relying on internal Eigen assignment tricks...

Once again, thanks for all your effort!

- Hauke