Re: [eigen] LeastSquares, Pseudo Inverse & Geometry

I think what the method is doing is a least squares with a constraint.  That
is, solving Ax=0 subject to ||x|| =1.  It does this by minimizing ||Ax||^2
with constraint ||x||^2 =1.  You would replace the constraint with a Lagrange
multiplier, set the first derivative of the objective function to zero, and
reach an eigenvalue equation of A^T A, with the eigenvector corresponding to
the smallest  eigenvalue as the solution.

I don't know the proper name for the method, but I have used it quite a bit
(but not in eigen, as I am new to eigen).  Though I would normally use svd on
A to get the eigenvector of A^T A.

Doug