Re: [eigen] Eigen and rigid body simulation

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Maxime Tournier <maxime.tournier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After trying to implement this, it seems we don't need both a concept map and
a wrapper since one is going to copy the other anyway. So only the wrapper
seems fine. It's quite convenient to use so far.

Also I came across a (minor) problem with this approach: what if you need to
modify the wrapped element ?

Isn't that already possible?

Here we should be able to modify...

template<G>
G foo(G& _g, int n)
{
  LieWrapper<G> g(_g);

and here not....

template<G>
G foo(const G& _g, int n)
{
  LieWrapper<const G> g(_g); // or even const LieWrapper<const G> g(_g);

Going more conform with Eigen::Map, could we call this wrapper/mapper LieMap? What do you think? To me it makes more clear that the object is life-time dependant on what it is initialized with.

- Hauke