Re: [eigen] fft module status

You are correct in your assessment. The MKL backend and 2-D FFTs are still TODO. I updated the status page and put a link to the EigenFFT wiki page to clarify this.

Please feel free to opine (here or on the wiki discussion page) which ranks higher in priority: MKL backend or multi-dimensional FFTs. FYI, If you want to use MKL as a backend before I get around to writing it (probably within a month), you can make the intel MKL fftw3xc interface that comes with it. Then tell Eigen::FFT that it should use FFTW as a backend. This would allow the advantages of MKL with the current state of the code.

-- Mark

Thomas Capricelli wrote:
Hello,

I'm a bit confused with respect to the FFT module. The status page on the wiki seems to say that all but tests and documentation is done, but i can't find support for dimension more than 1, and i can't find anything related to the MLK backend..
Mark, can you provide some more information ? I have looked at your clone, but there doesn't seem to be anything more there. Could it be that some commits were not merged in ?

best regards,
Thomas