|[eigen] Re: meeting in February?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Re: meeting in February?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:51:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=DqCQUI8inG4EqXgiDWco9Xf8sRNAWrWmZ1HHgb2aNjU=; b=o1Om4q03svStTS6K206MncNh3J/0rAD3A03Jt8ti1a0pkdCizmmzjrEZ3eHJTUbBVz 5PFJ0rG0oaEIJJWNWCfYusST2Vat+ItN01HPLQTjsLKqPYfFkc4gBUJBXa3uljv/85Fn Gt/GNFpCDRamCoSNAGoc+2SLdyGFtbGaLLgkQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=xIEbAgeFJwXMs9LgrbHeLYoD91yGzEQXJkZEA0dplpw16upjhcMbbhg15zkEmM9HZ9 9MNWv4DsR9M9JYxaC36KrA9rhOBGXVvIzAzW3zq2wVH1UQbF/uUn+WhXJLbpy0Td2dDU mVCrqwTSIkfAuPrNw2J6fx7lNWPYs8rgZYGio=
One more remark: we would obviously set up a wiki page for this
meeting, allowing at least academics (Gael, Hauke...) to get
sponsoring from their home institution, as for any other scientific
2009/12/7 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> For some time I've been wanting to organize a Eigen meeting... today I
> looked at possible dates and actually I have only 1 possible choice:
> between Feb. 14 and Feb. 21. Indeed, between teaching duties and the
> need for me to be available to start a new job right after my teaching
> duties, I don't have other options that during this week (when my
> students are on vacation).
> I guess such a meeting should be 3 days long, that could be any time
> inside that period. So let's propose from Friday Feb 19 to Sunday Feb
> Location: why not Paris?
> - I would then not need any sponsoring (counts as vacations for me at
> my parents place)
> - I would be able to host the meeting at my parents place during the
> day (up to 8 people) or Thomas can (up to 6 people).
> - It's convenient and cheap for all the french people here, e.g. it's
> just 3 hours train for Gael.
> - Other people need sponsoring but at least Paris is a good place for
> international flights.
> - Gael: you could probably stay at my parents place too.
> - I know a good hotel with wifi at 60 euro/night, 65 for two people.
> Conclusion: if this is OK for Gael then we can set this up right away
> without any sponsoring and then more people can join conditionnally
> depending on sponsoring, which is nice. We have to go fast though, as
> it's just 10.5 weeks away !