|Re: [eigen] Mapping array of scalars into quaternions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Mapping array of scalars into quaternions
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:13:20 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=qxMbzVfseiemiGRDRXU/S1hP1W0omO8JVsbgEaJwAic=; b=OV0ils9Pk3/GrDr/VCXxU66vJIrXx+Vxtvgr9xhQ9dB689f/2A0jkhnX7hHysdD2VO imbELdhbRkZw+Buhw7aZisI+eyOJCVMdNqa4h2AcHgoDoN4uR0d0mZ9tAJh9PErNRlwy dkPUPTrAdpfXfcKHvESsir8VWzLeLeeNAWgEM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=dKzPlMDFnCmkRNtRZ5AFxI6zdXK56mwaYNQdHA2azxq9SkYFjY+OeYXFOkbqTCKxun NJCpJH1eFT89uYREmhLGUUyAhDq875rMlHWObACzLHrcr/VA4k2zH6kwWCfvNaBR0VAu RBht/cKhoSatncSvQAkRU6CoDXQnb0OBQDgVQ=
2009/11/13 Mathieu Gautier <mathieu.gautier@xxxxxx>:
> The new version of the patch.
> I have a question, why the quaternion is stored in the following order
> x,y,z,w. It seems more natural to have w,x,y,z ? Other library like
> boost::quaternion or ogre3D used the w,x,y,z order. It will be easier to map
> quaternion from these libraries if we use the same order and more coherent
> to the natural writing of quaternion.
---> question for Gael.
I didn't know there was a "more common" order, i don't mind, i agree
there's value in standardizing if there's already a "more common"
choice among other libs.