|Re: [eigen] Mapping array of scalars into quaternions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Mapping array of scalars into quaternions
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:03:50 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=a0NsbJ3oPYRPdB3t6WwV6Up2SOYKXHRaXoTimWly5n4=; b=hwMagyT61rOMw5d0sKHmB8fqThwJ8s2LRocjoDkW6hMRnPP02gLrf+UdT9N4jioEQs y4oLfxKxHqk4UWCL2Dn8pML5NpdnDGDeaWT7f6JmPQ0IqQaeQpEsl37i4o/ydY0q3SMZ oDJuA1QUQlKYOKFKjTxDqmV1EEMNoIRtLaXIg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=EaP80THcWBFBMbdWj4cc3af0XZ+qN0YxwWc61ZOdatX4iOpnXD/Hcw8hD6BCnCtoqC Z5D2hrLTdpKZ3odLRAQt8veTeM6hwBWnLm6tZ/6oEHX2eZQxuegEb5Ok7AA98RoCpt2o Byf3nBcfaKR4vALRSosle137XNZNXZBBwTb78=
Thanks for the patch. There's something strange about it: it seems to
undo Gael's last commit? Could it be that you coded against the
Quaternion.h file of before Gael's commit, and then generated a patch
against the latest eigen2 ? If yes you need to merge that; how you do
that depends on how you manage your code, but for example if you
worked on a local clone my_eigen2, then basically all you need to do
is to make sure your changes are committed locally, then do "hg pull
-u" to pull the latest changes into your clone, which will create a
new head, and then "hg merge" to merge, edit Quaternion.h to resolve
conflicts, and "hg resolve -m /path/to/Quaternion.h". See help here:
Also, it would help to read some rationalizations:
* why the EIGEN_STRONG_INLINE in front of cross product? Did you
benchmark an improvement here?
* why the a.QuaternionType::operator* syntax, since a is already of
QuaternionType type? Was this useful for compilation?
2009/11/9 Mathieu Gautier <mathieu.gautier@xxxxxx>:
> I add some unit test based on the Map class's ones.
> Here the changeset :
> * add Map<Quaternion> test based on Map from test/map.cpp
> * replace implicit constructor AngleAxis(QuaternionBase&) by an explicit
> one, it seems ambiguous for the compiler
> * replace explicit constructor with conversion type Quaternion(Quaternion&)
> with a convert function: conflict between constructor.
> Mathieu Gautier