|Re: [eigen] new src/misc/ directory|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] new src/misc/ directory
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:40:33 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=0tPpo1F56XJB0+hvaiB8wZP6UC+q5CfqH00ogFMpzXw=; b=IWZwS4tP0ZsVZKSQ1R58ly/x1JJI6v5T0jRb+4HlcW+Q0gtpNzc4iCHwHzAHgZJBai gUmGjvmQv4bQBUnDOQFpKD6JU2M9blqCbM2zuXOeKHc0IPt8mQBJxBEuW8xY6MWeIwUC agdpm/BDaCLTJOZhdu1NZOC+90LA4jzdO8/0U=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=petYP9wWXgWkAWfD0UokvjXWTONe9Mp82Mt1EVhjGyemEhsAaI9WWA24eDC6t551gV AUEnGrT2EyK4S+Totp+B0Tc4XjBqzjB5lLKHRyBnYff7kdX+445aKqYR19AMXv4LkXS3 vyD67fzdpyuJKpkJ3GPfXVizyhruXuLVlwAOY=
2009/11/10 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> i want to draw your attention to the new src/misc/ directory. It's not
>> really a new module, there is no "Misc" public header. It is a dumping
>> ground for shared internal code that you don't want to put in Core.
>> Question: how about moving Householder/Jacobi there so that they're
>> not affected by API stability requirements, thus not blocking 3.0?
> I agree.
i am stupid.
since the public API of e.g. QR decompositions have methods that
return a HouseholderSequence, we can't make that class internal.
We could still make PlanarRotation internal but what's the point....
it was Householder that was worth hiding.