Re: [eigen] BLAS backend

2009/10/15 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Also note how the matrix copies between the CPU and GPU are extremely
> costly... So, now if we agree that a BLAS backend is only worth it to get
> GPU support

There are other use cases:
 - parallelized on several cpus/cores
 - lapack backend can be interesting even on 1 cpu core.

> we can think about a smarter approach allowing to keep the data
> on the GPU as much as possible, and this in a transparent manner for the
> user.

Great, if it's transparent to the user, I guess it can be enabled only
when appropriate (or in the worst case by asking the user to define a
preprocessor symbol). Sounds nice!

Benoit