[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] BLAS backend
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:22:11 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=MxXTFcKrt1kAyeEbrVcXaRa/mcaK38Mm5HIuscOr2DM=; b=Et4HE9j010kY6ZMcWGO3omj8P4m1SUB1SMF7PK4u95gJPpC2iUIEJmF4eSnItrPKJG A5tNxu5PJ04G3l7P5jp8rBv6uzqWjpWHNRdajqVz+jVE20b2vPXuUmO53ehIkbhqthiT r9mnkPUOahY1B1sCpyW6SU1nhNlnd84JAlBFY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=UWMQvoBVkEyVJZs9ULGmT7q2NQaL7H1d4KD1vKdM+BxgNYJaoj1npE1K34jPwTj9HR 1nvPuK6YBr5ErksRAkaDPlJFDBjkeD6aedOQSSxmaLU+QIGWEv9u6XXqjEN0dOO64qLK 6VFdXdZ/V/pVtNqxK7OmnUP7iNccJSn6VkoNA=
This is very interesting and is in our TODO,
But work on this hasn't started yet. It shouldn't be hard. For
example, if you want to use BLAS GEMM,
you could just plug that in the file
Eigen/src/Core/products/GeneralMatrixMatrix.h, in the function
GeneralProduct<Lhs, Rhs, GemmProduct>::scaleAndAddTo(), at line 144 in
the development branch. Note the little cooking there to get the
"actual" lhs, rhs, alpha.
2009/10/15 Jean Sreng <jean.sreng@xxxxxx>:
> Hello, we are currently investigating the use of Eigen2 in our software
> (VR simulations) and we were wondering about BLAS (and LAPACK) backends.
> Does the newer (development) version of Eigen provide such backend ?
> Otherwise, how difficult would it be to implement such backend
> (partially in a first step, for instance to use BLAS GEMM or
> tridiagonalisation ?) ? Do you have any thoughts about using this
> backend with GPU-optimized versions of BLAS (CUBLAS ?) ?
> Thanks !