|[eigen] 2.0 testing needed|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] 2.0 testing needed
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:19:13 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=2N9SZgjx5FCY20TPBkww9n/RQOvXpK93WGZpEmya6fQ=; b=rUrYsLtZXALn9GSvRXwcI2kjk8QZuIlAPVxZNvb5zb+4X9hUXKmli1iaTn1Oy4rlNI +W3SfghZePek7w+ahnQWNsIdVzIAgUrC/rE6VYfx6IjPy1iD7JBT55bsUIhd3/aO5alD KRxaIicM5BQL/VP6bQaFt5emegdPf4OVcQBjc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=jts9QZ2hW1JDL3vYuvU5gX/YblV+DNhi4GuGsz/UHvz2UquwaUIeqKWFXKa79GQ56F T1u4hgdbbVLyZ5bpNqpyn9XhFn/NDs/MLuKi1MMlFZmbWrcMgnCFCYxSJHd9mqG+1x3G lPMlwO3ICqiKb4fTyZhYAvxQSHM4eKYXgzEAI=
We now have enough in the 2.0 branch to justify a 2.0.6 release, but
this needs a lot of testing first.
The most dangerous change is that I backported:
* the body of ei_aligned_malloc and ei_aligned_free
---> this means that the choice of aligned malloc routine may now be
different. in particular, posix_memalign moved a bit down the list.
---> the best thing that you can do here is to run the unit tests
"dynalloc" and "unalignedassert"
* the EIGEN_ALIGN logic
---> this means that now you can also use EIGEN_DONT_ALIGN with the 2.0 branch
---> this means that the corresponding platform checks have changed,
so do test that your plaftform is still well handled (alignment if you
want alignment, no alignment if you don't want)
---> to check if alignment is enabled, check the value of EIGEN_ALIGN,
it should be 1