Re: [eigen] still the solve() API debate

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Same thing when we do A.solveInPlace(b.start(n)), start() returns a
> temporary, same problem, whence the idea of inplace() or whatever we
> call it.

Ok, I just caught up with re-reading... that's indeed ugly. But as you
guys already observed, in new compiler versions we already have rvalue
references. Benoit, what about your idea of passing Matrices by
reference and MatrixBase by value? You suggested to do that in the
"MatrixBase::swap - why const" thread? This approach would allow an
easy transition towards rvalues references in the future.

Hauke