|Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Rigid Transformations in eigen: discussion thread
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:21:09 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=rEE0LgRFMv/4v8gmEWNyQZTyH7wQRjbL4y836BqoK/U=; b=tqea84Di70de/BV8zx/+xgyNp7HwepN8ns9dBCPOOy14dyWbVtl/Bnzd7a3m5xQuC2 GXkiuJeZSD87DabioKcP8ZrutcRadFqvmdUBvgT8Wb4fI93igYtt5HyflTPtZFaDY9Uk a+k806Pdz5Su6eBFSTTIPwPxmaptrGwZvSE/4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=MwqhMzPoEc96/j4a22sK488dK8RKEJOq2uwxXMcrv7D0flul5e0roN88E5P5ne5due eqOlOm9z4PWwOIR4M51rSA54jMnlGVkr0UmyAnwBcsk+E+sqAQ76Tp778QrsjPGhZHLJ hXeUSqZBkxrw0nHkLDp+nl7wh558tLl7MyzqI=
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> b) How does eigen do say, 4D rotations? I thought it did only 2D and
>> 3D rotations. I don't know if rigid transformations make sense for 2D.
>> At any rate, 2D transformations are trivial.
> 4D rotations? What's this?
> I guess that would be "4x4 real orthogonal matrices with determinant 1
> and with the eigenvalue 1 with multiplicity at least 2"
> whee! no, we don't have a class for that :)
>> c) Inverse would be good, I agree. You just need to do take take the
>> conjugate of both the quaternion parts.
> Inverse sounds useful indeed. Don't know about the formula, i trust you =)
Inverse is pretty trivial actually. You just take conjugates of the
> transform conversion sounds useful too.
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology