Re: [eigen] CDASH-Speedup: "Homer" how did you do it?

Hauke Heibel schrieb:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM, FMDSPAM<fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it possible to change the compiler settings at the outermost level, the
calling batch?

Probably, but see my comments below.

All my experiments (even with EI_OFLAGS=...) fail.

What do you mean? Are you saying that since my last commit all your
experiments are failing?

No, 2 or 3 experimtes several weeks ago.
A preferable result could be something in the (batch-)lines of e.g.:

set CXX_VERSION=msvc-2008(9.0.30729.1)
set CXX_FLAGS=/Ox
set BUILD_STRING=%OS_VERSION%-%ARCH%-%CXX_VERSION%-%CXX_FLAGS%

what do you think?

I am not sure whether this is necessary. O2 should definitely suffice.
Hmm..., probably. But in theory maybe other flags...
Btw, my test could also be so fast because quite a few are actually
failing. :)
That is not the case. E.g.:
product_large.exe: yours   5.25s, my   52.73s
product_trmm.exe: yours 24.76s, my 163.86s

By the way: The timings could vary simply caused by the random numbers, right? Or is there a fixed random seed?
What is the expected bandwidth of variation by this?

Frank