|Re: [eigen] Eigen on an arm core|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen on an arm core
- From: Daniel Stonier <d.stonier@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 02:49:07 +0900
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=ZuyOeDULTEGd40PA4oFNAOp/dxoEwpimDwO/yJ8a5aY=; b=LLpXF6pK3IUJ5X6KyAccVpcT2rZA2vKk/2cqOa4mQs1VXQ84Gt1UEhtCmRlk3JRDSx 9sOy+zkmVkvr7j/JNryU6XLQKqsYxLQpB0ENg2C2VgpQH62pNd7ovlR1yo0JfArDGkP8 yptraUsp9lfPbBloflxOJfMfKF9eKZXIN5CjQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=S8GmDAqFz7Hr2+U6YuA+gxxZNOXbDu1TCXgAkxne+59M5Kf/zPGEA6tMFlzWXy0WXd MbfMEpdyT3Ra+Rst/2rmbokMYvoY10tnM71+zd2Ej0/omelUsL5yRVKWsyEQ/c2AGt3X Q8dCQeAvpCE/JcK4kRLk9LwusELEAJcXR/XNo=
I just got pulled into a project they have been hammering away at for
a while. Unfortunately its a bit of chaos. They're not really clued
into programming on linux and are trying to do something non-trivial.
Lots of fun!
Seems as though they're doing the msproject style and bundling every
library and its kitchen sink with the project, so the eigen is a bit
Toolchain is a generic gcc toolchain for arm developed by samsung.
Version is 2.0.0.
I'll update now and let you know how it goes.
2009/8/9 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> With Eigen >= 2.0.1 and the GCC compiler, indeed we disable all
> special alignment code, so we also disable this assertion, that's why
> you don't have this issue.
> As long as we don't do vectorization on a certain platform, there's no
> need to bother at all about alignment. That's why the solution to
> David's problem is as simple as: either upgrade to Eigen >= 2.0.1 (if
> he's using GCC) or tell us what compiler you're using and how to port
> the platform check.
> FYI the platform check is at Eigen/src/Core/util/Macros.h line 44 (in
> the 2.0 branch). We need to know how to detect your compiler, and how
> to detect the CPU architectures listed there, on this compiler.
> 2009/8/8 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I can't help you there, but I often test my project on ARM (and MIPS, sparc32,
>> ppc32, x86, amd64) and i don't have this kind of problem. I'm using eigen
>> trunk or 2.0.3, gcc 4.3.2/4.4.3 . Maybe we don't use the same features of
>> eigen though.
>> "Testing" here means "compile and do some unit tests"
>> In data sabato 08 agosto 2009 19:13:31, Daniel Stonier ha scritto:
>>> We threw eigen at an arm core recently running a SLAM algorithm and
>>> ignorantly discovered we were completely unknowing about alignment
>> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>