|Re: [eigen] Eigen on an arm core|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen on an arm core
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 19:45:36 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=c3NLV5Dx4IUD+/o2IDxM9mKvEj/B4D5R+GeTktfXdjI=; b=daa3YSzYfldggZa8Tks8oYuTXMC30aObbwXdC602qJ7FcBYKybKJFjW7YXeBsI2u+X J2t1wQXoCYSvby3hPw3UAvxEQRovhhmuUGYIDm/Uc2qpmOMsBD/oUv9iQSenMigHG9tc TcwvMP/+gO2Yojo39fKEYm/9LY91GP8sYmAII=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=EX1KbF6IoHUN4/Sz5bqodtk2mSYO34Jze5ZdyCahlltr+4+6/6QXMqBv8R3lNS/bal IElCcPqtDdJsgS8FssrJhGIZErENFhWjvmXmqICfI/VCcF3UQxp0WA0/lX4v41BCC3DF k5UISSY/OhlsOETXKMQDihKuLc5MrOzj8u0IM=
With Eigen >= 2.0.1 and the GCC compiler, indeed we disable all
special alignment code, so we also disable this assertion, that's why
you don't have this issue.
As long as we don't do vectorization on a certain platform, there's no
need to bother at all about alignment. That's why the solution to
David's problem is as simple as: either upgrade to Eigen >= 2.0.1 (if
he's using GCC) or tell us what compiler you're using and how to port
the platform check.
FYI the platform check is at Eigen/src/Core/util/Macros.h line 44 (in
the 2.0 branch). We need to know how to detect your compiler, and how
to detect the CPU architectures listed there, on this compiler.
2009/8/8 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I can't help you there, but I often test my project on ARM (and MIPS, sparc32,
> ppc32, x86, amd64) and i don't have this kind of problem. I'm using eigen
> trunk or 2.0.3, gcc 4.3.2/4.4.3 . Maybe we don't use the same features of
> eigen though.
> "Testing" here means "compile and do some unit tests"
> In data sabato 08 agosto 2009 19:13:31, Daniel Stonier ha scritto:
>> We threw eigen at an arm core recently running a SLAM algorithm and
>> ignorantly discovered we were completely unknowing about alignment
> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>