|Re: [eigen] State of eigen support for small integers(16 bit, signed/unsigned)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] State of eigen support for small integers(16 bit, signed/unsigned)
- From: Patrick Mihelich <patrick.mihelich@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:51:38 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=pHR+bRc/cLoyFmAlyAR1seH5OnEcPi7GLN2Pm8MCAPg=; b=d+jMXWPdCysC8CXGTPPcQHkbp2JOhdZrRQGEb38/BtR3LNhN9qXrNnHmwO1a0YJ0zp p1VrTGFJHqBQugOyZINXF0dGY5WW2XIvn1Y2bX3gPKoGqCGLJwyy/9ROagIFe5c11KfS 5D+5rqsOVC6yP+0EL6XMtNKq9iVNjPxfJ5lEw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=myX4ugoGM5+YkEyiZfkibbYP07Sfo51954Fw7MTVlksq3XQhcucEuLsTlQq16LhuZc B0eWcDJEv4hYVTyq/NndAzzlnmWVVAXbtAwhQNHf6T8GyCJxYweCXzBP0c1DnAiI/jfK fYRCj7WikBRGNM9tj9XBctwZNsKoRA417NFNA=
I did intend to add support for small integers, but as usual I got distracted by other things. You're right, I have no patches :)
I'm actually interested in 8-bit integers, but if you can get 16-bit integers working I imagine 8-bit will be trivial to add.
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
What is the state of eigen's support for small integers(16 bit,
signed/unsigned). I had a look at the branch over at bitbucket, and
there doesn't seem to be any small int specific patches in it.
Any body care to comment on the state of this branch?
If I need to add support for small ints to eigen, what do I need to
do? I need all bitwise ops, and yes, 16 bit*16 bit = 32 bit unsigned
integer multiplication (vectorized of course). Suggestions?
BTW, are such features even welcome in eigen?
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology