[eigen] Should I care about col major vs. row major for dense matrices

Hi all,

I'm missing some implications for the storage order of dense matrices. I
know that for sparse matrices you can only use let's say row(), if the
matrix is row major.
But for dense matrices you can use both (independent of the storage
order). Are there any performance implications by doing so? I'm assuming
yes, since I doubt that the compiler can optimize this.
But I'm very unsure. In essence, I want to speed up my code but I'm not
sure whether this is a real issue.

Regards,
Jens