|[eigen] Re: need to make a release for kde 4.3|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Re: need to make a release for kde 4.3
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 18:07:08 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=+FnbTb+JaflwHdxD2tTjHBE/W/hC8LEfRpkVM8YmMyE=; b=i5JdAYWA0+uYC34uiugVz9pJa/9z5CC++6h99KvsBudXNzWQNjIuq6sXU6dAxDL7zk yeFXZTYCP4jTIg+TjMX26MDgD5WlLumWRmkDz08Zn4eBbW5fkzsA6YHc1wZ6xt6SfhCL yHgf60o+fyO42w85jtSZgEtBTOcPohMF9i7lQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kG+8CkMuSDkXnEr7JbyXqz0Crz2aHzUX2z8TYJl0PBhUD6rqE8koTHQidBz4r5XPJR VoD04HAUO/RkXqWXXuFiLaUAjzx7nxhoa3pG1xe7BJIhifoZQWKK1Conx77h4GYYrCQ3 7n1fBhoImq6iHiEagyvx0BHK9IU0Iy6yHlIyc=
the necessary changes have been made to the 2.0 branch, they concern
only the Sparse module, the changes outside of Sparse are trivial.
If someone else can confirm that the unit tests work for him, we can
tag. I'm mostly afraid of introducing MSVC incompatibility. Don't know
if that should be a blocker as the Sparse module is experimental,
2009/6/4 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> To summarize some emails that were sent on the kde-release-team list:
> we must make a stable release of Eigen for KDE 4.3.
> The problem is that 1) Step depends on eigen development branch and 2)
> the development of eigen 2.1 is taken longer than initially hoped (we
> are busy).
> The easiest thing to shut up KDE complaints is to release a eigen
> 2.0.3 with the minimum amount of changes to make Step compile. The
> idea making this acceptable is that essentially all changes would be
> in the Sparse module which is clearly experimental. Outside of Sparse
> we should only have to make the minimum changes needed for the Sparse
> module changes. I'd say that as long as both Step and Krita compile,
> it's OK.
> We could just take the revision from when you had just ported Step,
> and copy its whole Sparse directory. This revision should be much
> closer to 2.0 than the current revision.
> We can also call that release "2.0.3-kde" if we want to emphasise that
> it doesn't make sense for anyone else.