|[eigen] need to make a release for kde 4.3|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] need to make a release for kde 4.3
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:11:41 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=OaMtcf+AKcnq/rQsoFL6TKtjfeRfZDjmbrgH4PVTbK0=; b=g2FD5umlbE/OWhOONIy1j3ZGzgEutSnLuFk2K+puZsF1qI6yTV17hjrinGcTmkR7HD 7IqhHdHpXEI9rj5ufWoMrMGJEfoKgJ7u3fYFvErZgDrgXDmr8iBcpcThIP4u5Xv50bh1 mCjRngvZh4rOgnbXLhhwbtMy9+LXZk1vOcoo0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=Fh8TRUIaSlfBWUySyHRQ5Y0FOaJZeTiZ3T9pF+57I47MhmKjIcVqSH3ovt1ce8EaYD RNPS8Zq3FYZ4ezhKLQkDjslWlEwVLRNUFkGViXqbo9yfh+LtdWkU322OHUu4Ei5HZ44W tBcFFGEl/cWp3lUTWNhaDEI5iguOseBgL7Ddc=
To summarize some emails that were sent on the kde-release-team list:
we must make a stable release of Eigen for KDE 4.3.
The problem is that 1) Step depends on eigen development branch and 2)
the development of eigen 2.1 is taken longer than initially hoped (we
The easiest thing to shut up KDE complaints is to release a eigen
2.0.3 with the minimum amount of changes to make Step compile. The
idea making this acceptable is that essentially all changes would be
in the Sparse module which is clearly experimental. Outside of Sparse
we should only have to make the minimum changes needed for the Sparse
module changes. I'd say that as long as both Step and Krita compile,
We could just take the revision from when you had just ported Step,
and copy its whole Sparse directory. This revision should be much
closer to 2.0 than the current revision.
We can also call that release "2.0.3-kde" if we want to emphasise that
it doesn't make sense for anyone else.