|Re: [eigen] eigen sqrt compilation error|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] eigen sqrt compilation error
- From: Patrick Mihelich <patrick.mihelich@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:54:09 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=eUW27fPcDFfMukjulphKepqZwiGSPm/KKSoSEra6tO8=; b=qap1J9ecgz7jJzWkQjMtTqM00TC/khNj9UWuYJmZ7HLIVO6IoRHFH7EVONf60kT5a0 DQF1I/d0VMM6OjZ2oR/1FHYQJ4ErvsLJYURa81OBap2BpoD1HR9itzlQgJaQ4cGMMTLP Jklyehf9YBig+0cth4sz2CwfJ3HTqdDjq/TtI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=P23xisPnopUDWcoFLOl0XnpMhFLVPBUBeo4E2G9rg9EiZ+H0/1VSLQeZu+QdQOJEvh ge81F1/8B2ATWdmoB1JKoaz/TlGtK1S+jpLM4UptG6urx4f2QtOmI7I4TvcCcrbH+743 zYiSjeiHwviivWbT80xafaDi6oAEvLD6J2jTI=
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
The #include<Eigen/Array> increases compilation times by 2.5% and the
memory usage is not affected.
2.5 percent on a simple test program? I would absolutely merge the Array/ files into Core/ then. I would guess that this overhead is just the relatively small fixed cost of parsing Array (which is not very many lines of code, really), and that the real cost of using the Array features is instantiating the templates used by cwise() and the like. So if you don't use any of the Array-powered features you only pay the small parsing cost.
I like the <Eigen/Dense> and <Eigen/Eigen> convenience headers also. I agree that work-around headers like StdVector and QtAlignedMalloc should be explicitly included by the user.