|Re: [eigen] eigen sqrt compilation error|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] eigen sqrt compilation error
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:07:48 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=piU5tENAWBzaSeXrM7tGIBuP7+4aSdfCVm82DcSCimg=; b=WHB1dFgGl3CsobWnz0FjGQ1+dx2p9RIGhvzsfhyY2GBRgrY72mkQOUkMYj2BBwFZhY J/EYFVP5qSqXLpNU9+CkuQCjipk/E1vBaPpLbM7juoNv529kRBf/ikrlghJkPyRzyBbO FMs0bxE1z/oRqe7MOSEH7PiKJvVYyLPVdm5/0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=GfBUc3wJJVFlirUe54t/OrY7BxbrEbZ3rkN8PiPjnBhT7GfGiMJh3ICOscgpcX9f4T 9I0EEruNmHRSvTn7Qz1I/QM0hZuxgs99AjHwxRKUIv+Ew5W51/6Q3v4RwYvhTyHyyCRI 6zkuXZm78igr63y3amnF6eU4VxOWEhFjUTkGM=
2009/6/19 Patrick Mihelich <patrick.mihelich@xxxxxxxxx>
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The #include<Eigen/Array> increases compilation times by 2.5% and the
>> memory usage is not affected.
> 2.5 percent on a simple test program?
Simple, but realistic, not just an abstract test program. It makes a
decent number of instantiations, so i think that it is a real use
case. So real users who would lose 2.5% of compilation speed if we
just merged Array into Core.
There's another little thing that bugs me: if we merge Array into Core
for the reason that it doesn't slow compilation down much, then in the
future we'll be more reluctant to add more features to Array (like how
we're conservative with Core). As long as Array is separate, we feel
Finally I wonder how much of a use there still is for a combined
Core+Array, now that there is the Dense header.
(None of what i say here is a stong opinion...)