|Re: [eigen] How to resize a partially fixed matrix|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] How to resize a partially fixed matrix
- From: Tim Hutt <tdhutt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:17:48 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=ezOrzrTodn6Dqtp6BxczFgjRfVyr5MWlXvYnbK77XrU=; b=CMlewTODClVwrwqHXPqoHnii/IsQu8eKUGcp97NCEuLXlzJNyUTe7Je32XOCEQlKX4 lNKnNVmGt1+z26Ld/QH1jvjXQYfYadnxw2Lz4JKid4NTRy4zaVBzWlZ/Z2F1hGzbQTka 9DpFWoApiJlLAxxeolA9TuX1IUpBCn6I4D29M=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=VmtBM0FayP2O/uwLRGCTSYP/gI+LYIFnA+JeuIZvzL3rs1tpODpirBOm8trObqSh7T qxX34ClDFnP6xgXVf1BS38EQw6wcOzRnk8IbdRDBTgj11wa9cteNpTM51npex8EqOhJ9 S4Ol7C+JHhM2TI0XiV2VJnxOfKUfooJau/1EY=
2009/6/24 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> doesn't make me comfortable, again because a method that works for
> (partially)dynamic matrices should also work on fixed-size matrices of
> the same size, I am very reluctant here.
> So here's what I did (changeset b030f9866bae):
> * add resize(int, NoChange) and resize(NoChange, int)
> * add missing assert in resize(int)
> * add examples for all resize variants
> * expand docs (part of which is from Tim Hutt's e-mail)
> Now if you want we can add another name (or completely rename) the new
> resize(int, NoChange) and resize(NoChange, int).
> But perhaps it's good enough like this? i don't have a strong opinion.
> resizeHoriz(size) and colwise().resize(size) look nice but they aren't
> much shorter to type than resize(NoChange,size);
This sounds good. I think most of the alternatives are ok as long as
the documentation is clear.