Re: [eigen] Matrix exponential

Yes, I agree it's useful especially since i realized that the other
approach of exponentiating eigenvalues.... only applies to
diagonalizable matrices!

The complexity of the present approach is said to be roughly 20n^3
which is huge, though, and in practice, the most common case is
exponentiating a skew-adjoint matrix (think exp(itH) where H is a
hamiltonian, think Stone's theorem...), whose diagonalization boils
down to diagonalization of a selfadjoint matrix. So it'd be very
important to make sure the selfadjointeigensolver is robust enough
that it can always safely be used without convergence issues!

Benoit