Re: [eigen] FFT for Eigen

2009/5/19 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> - Separately assigning real and imaginary parts, using Eigen vectors.
>> myVec.real() = myRealVec;
>> myVec.imag() = myImagVec;
>
> this should already work.
>
>> - I need to add the real part of a matrix with the reverse of the real
>> part of another matrix.
>> myVec.real() = myVec1.real() + myVec2.real().reverse();
>
> this should work too.

Really? The only real() that I can see is const, and anyway, how would
we implement that? std::real() and std::imag() only return references
with certain GCC implementations while e.g. on GCC 4.0 / Mac they
return by value.

It seemed to me that allowing that was one of the things that would
require us to have our own complex numbers class.