|Re: [eigen] Sparse -- Diagonal product|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Sparse -- Diagonal product
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:58:22 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=iYuNYJRuNDUaBICc6cipjOd65p+UIFO1i+FIf5fcRuA=; b=VVoM9XfSKcaksvHS6Z7dhRVbHMvi7KK60aRVaSBXEzKBFMHxkJ/qTXl2ReXqSaRsNa +La+2mkjAwuVo5jXA06KitLpgKRh7tsMu3S9eceg9nujG6Ujtl/+x52/XNTI7QQD0iJM PTae2ltaOi2EQJp32RqxPVwjmUKBIk7EIcwjU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Sn0rXPtv39dr3M7qF95AG5Yk2aEwiTvg4/Lpzgq8EBO7UTVdZ1Yn54SVEgOFjEYHwl rhr1g6T3Lq3BYLh0w70X0LbZwyk4pdSpKWaf/2knPQqr+rHENI/caslOR58N85p0NUT5 jYGzCAImCkj+y2UlDR21k5uD8u1jrpcKWYc5A=
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Justin Carlson <justinca@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was a bit surprised today to figure out that Eigen current evaluates
> the product of a diagonal matrix with a sparse matrix as a dense
yes I'm aware of that.
> Is this intentional?
not at all.
> Is there a design rationale for this, or is it just that no
> appropriate specializations have been implemented yet for this case?
the reason in indeed: "it's just that no appropriate specializations
have been implemented yet for this case".
> If there aren't objections to changing the behavior, I'll see about
> submitting a patch.
would be great !