[eigen] Sparse -- Diagonal product

I was a bit surprised today to figure out that Eigen current evaluates
the product of a diagonal matrix with a sparse matrix as a dense
matrix.

Is this intentional?  Changing the result to be sparse (which seems
sane to me, particularly given my current usage of the library) seems
like the right thing to do, but it would represent an API change.

Is there a design rationale for this, or is it just that no
appropriate specializations have been implemented yet for this case?
If there aren't objections to changing the behavior, I'll see about
submitting a patch.

Thanks,
-J