Re: [eigen] Unifying decomposition interfaces

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So there's no way around adding bool m_initialized in general. On
> second thought, this also makes code easier to read.
Done ...

> (Side note: our unit tests for lu and qr currently only test
> dynamic-size, that's bad)
I just added fixed size tests - at least for the assert verifications.

> Another small remark is that the default constructors you added need
> to have some (even very short) documentation. It's just scary for the
> user when an item is undocumented.
Done ...

A final comment. I did not touch the SelfAdjointEigenSolver - it
already has several undocumented ctors and I am not sure about the use
cases for them.

You can take a look at the final patches over here:
http://bitbucket.org/hauke/decomposition-unification/src/

I tried out the patch queues - IMHO, they rock. Only patches will be
versioned in a patch queue - i.e. you are actually working on shallow
copy of the Eigen repository. Each patch in a patch series can be
pushed/poped and modified until you like them. Even now, in case you
have some remarks left, the patches can be easily changed.

Once I get the go, the I will apply the patches - my assumption is
that it will result in four individual commits which I consider
reasonable given the number of changes. If you want a single commit
for the changes just let me know.

Cheers,
Hauke

p.s. When I have time, I can write a how-to for the patch queues
though the introduction given here is very good
http://ches.nausicaamedia.com/articles/technogeekery/using-mercurial-queues-and-bitbucket-org