Re: [eigen] Adapting code from OpenCV (a seemingly much faster SVD)

OpenCV recently scrapped its own linear algebra code in favor of LAPACK. It didn't make much sense for OpenCV to have its own versions. I doubt the SVD was doing anything terribly fancy; it probably got its speed edge from hand-optimized loop unrolling, etc.

The internal implementations of OpenCV functions are thoroughly evil due to the lack of support for generic programming in C. Porting code from it I think would not be easier than writing from scratch.

Patrick