|Re: [eigen] Geometry module - Quaternion fitting alternative|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Geometry module - Quaternion fitting alternative
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:12:51 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=JHj4TEpHydjtU5lvSYfuSQ7WFRmazYjQCOHTfOYV0QM=; b=aEXDgcdv/aQE25wcL0tLo5PclG3ph/FSq6gjAdlqd25GPeWq10UJ50KUKMQYIExAUR J5l7tBR5oDI3Ypn8+FEZPE8eowzLD0JlLKnjoQ7lEailuZ8UwzAgoEgPmKocyOlywxZm 0gaKOaTX9R25atJNCqiz3gl8p4kai5bFi/tzI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=U2gdDzF5Av2yFqcoU/KSkTykmJ3j038RTwymVvSBmQEVD+mvpUQMORZu+BRE9417mf hzw1VXm9OOkwf5wHY/G/m5jTgmrBLDal7SKd8oAuGdGlPoK/Vfe1SmTh9twM8BPhilPP eQDgtsq6kciSJkxJOgmvML6ZrBrHpvXpQcd1Q=
Thanks for your code!
This is definitely useful to have in Eigen, either Geometry module or
a module of its own.
(If there is more and more Geometry stuff that relies on SVD, as there
is already the polar decomposition stuff, then this could justify
putting that in a separate submodule).
Maybe let's first migrate to git and then see how to integrate this.
2009/4/29 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I just recognized that I still had a debugging parameter in the
> interface? So, just remove the
> MatrixXd& R_gt
> and then it's fine. Well, and it's also not really cmake like but if
> at all then ctest like and this
> only in the regard that I am using exit_success and exit_failure as
> return values from my main :)
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Hauke Heibel
> <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've seen that Quaternion fitting is on the TODO list of the Geometry
>> module. Since we already have Umeyama
>> (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=88573) in our
>> library and since we just switched to Eigen, I was thinking it might be
>> of interest to you.
>> I've added the Eigen'ified implementation as well as a small CMAKE style
>> unit test.
>> In case you have any comments, just let me know.