[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] StdVector
- From: "Schleimer, Ben" <bensch128@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1239816172; bh=Ho2+90ZQqAnnLqjhqvQ/g0qoRa6lbwJnp7L9HHvWoAg=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=z2+fIE4Te7ks9rCd9VT38juc6/Gd56zXDlF7XXwLv6EFWw6WsfZFFlL9lRCkZ0quFvECu+XG1J2KUOk94rLNZDWdMAOiFyR0biz+MhrB/gPOlLyh7Wwwa4avnTuTSxRSlumZdcYoCw2qXafkm+UlCDD0ki2bFp4PACWpEss1xmU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=GTFqzkR6ElSbCBwZsFrd0xsrpghSCifWP354WBnciv4dgo0atKjyUzpoI8L5XJ0EYGCI+SSEMDynzrE0miAPdAneYxnuLA+2kO8+HrrJDI7jgcPoyf97792DHrWa+R0X43h/TOXy2IOAlTCwfg/CZtM4QbFRlyn/79cwGgJoo5A=;
I have to agree...
also, would it be better to provide eigen specializations in the files where the types are defined? Then the user wouldn't have to think about doing anything special.
--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Robert Lupton the Good <rhl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Robert Lupton the Good <rhl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [eigen] StdVector
> To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 6:35 AM
> I'd much prefer to see eigen use
> std::vector, and help
> users provide the neeeded specializations -- i.e.
> > or write a dox page on how to
> > manually write a std::vector specialization like we do
> for Eigen
> > types.
> One of eigen's great attractions that it's a light weight,
> no dependencies, way of getting efficient linear algebra
> into standard-compliant C++ codes. To look forward,
> just the sort of library that boost needs.
> To add our own nearly-but-not-quite version of part of the
> STL seems to me to go against this principle.