|Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:37:40 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=nay+PkfpqNoj4+oC+xGXD2yfE2DNAMC475HC+MPEfFA=; b=XRt2162Dbb/gj3JMXC/R5lI/5j40L5E4X44QIhDexbTfPv3hkXDBikrm1k4iW+WxuD jbYa/4uVdbJW83QOAhMBTKbpFPSCE88iWoeGzuBbYYwTJ5XoThjAz2dba7Zgb+LGrR4G 5ysYf5xU6rPzDhWuADVAmp6a7UrGlGAD7zUjk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=WrJ+H1iTnfocH/LUneuiHE+b04af4/YFVqaT9QR0rZekXy3zUR6QL2w67e4GGOax6z mFiVj9sV3G5425/ckFWAxRQe7xLCLKxbAg93MQCHoHtSKtwGeQ5fZB3S8qsef2KM7tMP pClHwiQTDWOJKlH43avOUjGgKu1tWB0SyZ7Eo=
2009/4/17 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/4/17 Andre Krause <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hello EIGEN - List,
>> i want to point you to the lib FLENS. It provides a C++ Interface to BLAS and
>> LAPACK in a expression template manner. I am mentioning flens here, because it
>> may be a source of inspiration for further eigen2 design desicions.
> Do you have something specific in mind? We took the different approach
> of replacing BLAS and LAPACK, rather than wrapping around them.
> Although there is work left to do, we are at the point where, given
> sufficient contributions, we can hope to quickly become a complete
> enough replacement for a vast majority of users.
To be clear: a patch allowing to optionally use BLAS or LAPACK as
backends for certain operations, would be welcome, as long as it
doesn't require the whole design of Eigen to get more complicated.
But I meant that the core design of Eigen is essentially fixed now for
the 2.x series, so there won't be many big "design decisions" in the